Happy Fourth of July!
For those of you who are not aware, this is a special holiday where Americans do what they do best: grill things and blow stuff up. And for those of you who are aware…LET’S DO THIS THING!
- 9 Things You May Not Know About the Declaration of Independence — Someone please forward this to Nicholas Cage.
- I’m sure you’ve heard by now that Anderson Cooper publicly came out. But if you haven’t, read his e-mail to reporter Andrew Sullivan HERE. While it’s unfortunate we, as a country, are still at a level of inequality where something like this is newsworthy at all, it’s still a really important, inspiring move.
- With the 2012 London Olympics coming up, take a look at the 10 Greatest American Moments in Olympic History.
- The Statue of Liberty as viewed by a Londoner. Always interesting to see how the idea of “America” takes on so many different forms to so many different people.
- Lovely photographs of the Fourth: NYC Style.
- Check out a few different segments of the awesome History Channel special, America: The History of US.
- Now, for what the holiday is really all about: 30+ Recipes for Summer Grilling from the New York Times. *cue Homer Simpson noises*
- Let’s round things out with 25 GIFs Celebrating Great Moments in American History.